Installing the BMC Remedy AR System Server
- Avoid configuration problems, accept the default values displayed in the installer unless you have a valid reason to modify them.
- For best results, install BMC Remedy Mid Tier on a separate computer from the BMC Remedy AR System Server.
When installing BMC Remedy AR System Server:
- Unix non-root mode: You must have write access to \etc, \opt\bmc folder, and the install location.
- Windows non-admin mode: You must have write access to the install location, and %windir% directory.
- When you connect to a Linux server using MobaXterm from Windows Server 2008 R2, and run the Remedy AR System installer with Java 11, the AR System installer shows a blank panel.
- If Java is installed on a drive other than C drive and 8dot3name property is disabled, AR System installation on windows server fails. For more information, see Knowledge Article number
By default, the interactive GUI installer migrates the Lucene 2.9 single-file Full Text Search (FTS) index to Lucene 4.9 schema-specific index files. This happens automatically and you cannot override it. To skip the migration step, use the silent installer with the -J BMC_AR_SKIP_FTS_INDEX_MIGRATION=true option. Refer to Installing BMC Remedy AR System using silent mode for instructions on silent installation and in BMC Remedy AR System online documentation. Once the FTS index has been migrated, subsequent installations with the GUI installer skip the migration step.
To install BMC Remedy AR System Server
- Download the BMC Remedy AR System installer from the Electronic Product Download (EPD) site, or navigate to the installation directory on the DVD.
- Unzip the suite installer (for example, ARSuiteKitWindows.zip or ARSuiteKitLinux.zip).
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer:
- For Windows, run setup.exe.
- For UNIX, run setup.bin.
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- On the Products selection panel, perform the following actions:
- Select Install.
- Select AR System Servers and clear the other options.
The installer validates the system resources of your computer and displays a list of available features.
- Navigate to the directory in which you want to install the BMC Remedy AR System Server.
The default locations are C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem (Windows) and/opt/bmc/ARSystem (UNIX or Linux).
- Click Next.
- Enter the values from the planning worksheet for the features that you want to install.
After you have entered the required information, the installer validates your input. The Installation Preview panel then appears, listing the product and features that will be installed.
Run Sanity Check is selected by default. BMC recommends that you run the additional validation tests for your installation.
- Click Next.
The installer installs the AR System features you have selected. After post-installation cleanup, a summary of the installation appears.
- Click View Log to review any SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. You can view a log file of the installation:
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\arsystem_install_log.txt (Windows) and /tmp/arsystem_install_log.txt (UNIX or Linux)
- When you are finished reviewing the log, close it.
- Click Done to exit the AR System installer.