Installing the Atrium Integrator server
You must install the Atrium Integrator server before you install BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) or BMC Service Request Management.
- Unlike with BMC Atrium Integration Engine, the version of Atrium Integrator that you install must be the same as the version of the BMC Remedy AR System server.
When installing Atrium Integrator:
- Unix non-root mode: For the required permissions, see the Preparing to install as a nonroot user section in Preparing a UNIX environment.
- Windows non-admin mode: You must have write access to the install location, and %windir% directory.
To install the Atrium Integrator server
- Download the Atrium Integrator server installer, or navigate to the installation directory on the DVD.
- Navigate to the AtriumIntegratorServer > Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer:
- (Microsoft Windows) Run setup.exe.
- (UNIX) Run setup.bin.
- In the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- On the Directory Selectionpanel, navigate to the directory in which you want to install the Atrium Integrator server. The default locations are:
- (Windows) C:\Program Files\BMC Software\AtriumIntegrator
- (UNIX or Linux) /opt/bmc/AtriumIntegrator
- Click Next.
- On the BMC Remedy AR System User Inputs panel, verify that the logon information is correct, and then click Next.
The installer validates the system resources of your computer.
- In the Atrium Integrator Server Information panel, select the JRE Home folder.
The installer validates your input, and then the Installation Preview panel appears, listing the product and product features that will be installed.
- Click Next.
The installation summary is displayed.
- Click View Log to review the SEVERE error messages in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. You can view a log file of the installation:
- Windows: C:\Users_<installUser>_\AppData\Local\Temp\atriumintegratorserver_install_log.txt
- UNIX or Linux: /tmp/atriumintegratorserver_install_log.txt
- To exit the installer, click Done.