Installing offline documentation
If you click the Help button from any BMC Remedy IT Service Management product, the Home page of the online product documentation is launched. For example, if you click the Help button from the Reconciliation Engine console of the BMC Atrium Core product, the online documentation of the Atrium Core product is displayed. Install the offline documentation only if you are bound by a firewall or do not have access to internet so that the documentation is accessible to you within your intranet.
- The offline documentation is updated for major releases (X.x) and service packs (X.x.xx) only. No offline documentation is provided for patches.
- The offline Help is not updated automatically. You must perform this task to update the offline Help.
- The Localized PDFs are available only on the online Documentation portal. To access Localized PDFs, navigate to the PDFs page of every BMC Remedy ITSM suite product, for example the PDFs for BMC Atrium Core CMDB 9.1.04 are available at .
Deploying offline documentation
To download the offline help from EPD
Follow the download instructions described in the Downloading the installation files topic to obtain the offline documentation made available on the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) site. To download offline documentation and help for the product, click Documentation on the product EPD links page.
Ensure that you have obtained the following files from EPD:
|BMC Remedy AR System||Offline Documentation - BMC Remedy AR System, BMC Remedy Migrator, BMC Remedy Encryption Version|
|BMC Atrium Core||Offline Documentation - BMC Atrium Core Version|
|BMC Remedy ITSM Suite||Offline Documentation - BMC Remedy ITSM Applications (Service Desk/Change Management/Asset Management/Knowledge Management) Version|
|BMC Service Request Management||Offline Documentation - BMC Service Request Management Version|
|BMC Service Level Management||Offline Documentation - BMC Service Level Management Version|
|Remedy ITSM Process Designer||Offline Documentation for Remedy IT Service Management - Process Designer Version|
To extract the offline documentation
Extract the zip file to the web application deployment folder of your web container (servlet container).
For example, with an Apache Tomcat web server, extract the zip file to tomcatInstallationDirectory\webapps. Under the tomcatInstallationDirectory\webapps directory, extract each offline help file to a localhelp_xxxxABCD directory where xxxxx indicates the application such as ITSM, AR, servicedesk, change, km, and so on and ABCD denotes the release version, for example 9.1, 18.08, 19.02, and so on.
The following snapshot displays the folder structure for 9.1:
- The BMC Atrium Core offline documentation does not get installed correctly and is inaccessible. To resolve this issue, see Offline documentation installation issues.
- If you do not install the offline documentation in a web server such as Tomcat, the search functionality of the offline Help does not work.
To enable the offline documentation for Remedy components
The following table lists the steps to be performed for enabling offline documentation:
Instructions or additional information
|Remedy AR System, Mid Tier, Migrator, and Encryption|
|BMC Atrium CMDB, ITSM Suite and applications|