(ID 832) Flash: Rule that issues a new WTO might cause an 0C4 abend in module DXAUTW
A serious problem in the MainView AutoOPERATOR product requires immediate attention. MainView AutoOPERATOR is also available as components of version 6.3.01 of the following solutions:
- MainView Automation
- MainView for CICS Management
- MainView for IMS Management
- MainView for Networks
- MainView Message Management
When you use MainView AutoOPERATOR Rules, and any Rule within the enabled Rule Sets issues a new WTO, an 0C4 abend in module DXAUTW might occur.
The abend does not result in an SVC dump. The only evidence of the abend is the following write-to-log (WTL) message that might be seen in SYSLOG.
DM0903E BBI/DM STAE EXIT ENTERED DURING WTO PROCESSING - UNABLE TO ISSUE WTO
A LOGREC is produced and might be used to determine if this abend occurred in module DXAUTW and is the same as the reported problem.
After 50 such abends occur in the period of time defined in the DMABTIM parameter in BBPARM member BBISSPxx:
- All SubSystem Interface (SSI) processing for the PAS are terminated.
- No Rules are processed.
- The following write-to-operator (WTO) message is issued:
DM0951E SUBSYSTEM EXIT TERMINATED - COLD START - <ssid>
You must stop and restart the PAS with START=COLD.
PTF BQO3431 resolves the issue but is pending. BMC plans to publish another notice when the PTF is available.
- BMC recommends using BMC Internet Service Retrieval (ISR) to obtain PTFs. For more information, see the maintenance topics in the Installation System documentation.
- You can also obtain PTFs from eFix PTF Distribution Services (eFix) or from the support site. For information about eFix, see the online Help.
If you have questions, call BMC Support. If outside the United States, use the Select Another Country drop-down list to search for local phone numbers.