Using live chat to escalate issues to support agents
As a user, you can use live chat to escalate your issues to support agents. A live chat enables you to have real-time conversations with support agents if BMC Helix Chatbot cannot understand your intent or provide sufficient information to resolve your request. When you start a live chat session, BMC Helix Chatbot routes you to a support agent through the live chat capability of BMC Virtual Chat.
Before you begin
Ensure that the administrator has configured BMC Helix Chatbot to connect with BMC Virtual Chat. For more information, see Configuring BMC Chatbot to enable live chat for users.
To start a live chat with the support agent
- Open the chatbot window.
- Start a chatbot conversation to seek resolution for your issue.
BMC Helix Chatbot searches various knowledge repositories, such as the knowledge base or corporate portal, and returns a solution.
- If you are satisfied with the response, close the chat session.
- If you are not satisfied with the response and want to chat with a support agent for additional assistance, the chatbot conversation displays the following message:
Sorry that information did not help. To help resolve your issue you can start over and rephrase your question, or I can create a Service Desk Request, or I can transfer your chat to a Live Agent. Which one would you like?
In this case, type transfer to live chat in the chatbot conversation.
- Select the appropriate topic related to your query. If topics and support queues are configured, the chat is transferred to a subject expert agent.
BMC Helix Chatbot routes your issue to a support agent through the live chat capability of BMC Virtual Chat.
Actions that you can perform during a chat with a support agent
During a chat conversation with a support agent, you can perform the following actions:
Upload an attachment anytime by either dragging the attachment file from your system to the chat or by clicking To upload an attachment during a chat conversation with a support agent, ensure that you have the latest version of the BMC Virtual Chat patch that is compatible with the BMC Helix Platform 20.02 version. .
When you chat with a support agent by using Skype for Business on premises, you cannot upload attachments to the chat.
Request for the chat transcript by clickingand then selecting the Send transcript check box . After the chat is over, the transcript is sent to your email ID that is registered with your organization.
- During a chat conversation, you can request for a transcript of the current chat only and not a previous chat conversation.
In the transcript, you can view the entire chat conversation, and other details such as date, time, and knowledge articles, if any.