BMC Helix Chatbot provides a self-service solution for users to resolve their issues. It provides support by interacting with users through natural language, understanding the conversation context, and performing tasks on behalf of the user.
This section contains information about enhancements in version 18.11 of BMC Helix Chatbot.
Enhanced wizard to configure BMC Helix Chatbot for BMC Digital Workplace Advanced service
The Publish Chat-enabled Service wizard has replaced the Enable Chat for Service wizard for configuring BMC Helix Chatbot for BMC Digital Workplace Advanced services. The Publish Chat-enabled Service wizard has been enhanced with the following new features:
- Terms specific to IBM Watson Assistant such as intents, entities, and dialogs, are replaced by generic cognitive service provider terms such as user requests and questions.
- You can import and modify the out-of-the-box conversation workspaces for the BMC Digital Workplace Advanced service. These out-of-the-box conversation workspaces support the following functions during a chatbot conversation:
- Before proceeding with the conversation, checks whether the user is entitled to access the requested service.
- Enables users to reset the existing conversation and start a new chatbot conversation by entering terms such as start over, cancel, or exit.
- During the chatbot conversation, users can request to transfer the conversation to a live agent, if available.
- The wizard can import conversation data for BMC Digital Workplace Advanced services with conditional questions.
For more information about enabling chat in BMC Digital Workplace Advanced services, see Enabling users to submit service requests from BMC Helix Chatbot conversations.
Live chat enhancements
The following enhancements have been made to the live chat experience for administrators, users, and Virtual Chat support agents in BMC Helix Chatbot:
- Enables administrators to test the Virtual Chat configuration settings while configuring BMC Helix Chatbot for live chat.
- Routes the chatbot conversation to appropriate support queue in Virtual Chat application.
Users can select from location-based or topic-based routing, so that their questions are routed to the most appropriate support agent for that topic.
- Displays the entire chat transcript to the support agents in the Virtual Chat Support Console, along with all the knowledge articles that were previously provided to the user.
- Enables the support agent to manage the open chat session.
For example, the support agent can request to close or release a session or can transfer it to another agent.
- Displays an avatar image when the user chats with a support agent.
- Notifies the support agent when the user closes the chat window.
For details about these enhancements, see Leveraging live chat capability.