Setting up job approval and change tracking
You can set up job approval and change tracking for operator actions by integrating BladeLogic Portal and BMC BladeLogic Server Automation with BMC Remedy ITSM and BMC Atrium Orchestrator. With this kind of integration, when an operator starts an operation that requires tracking and approval, a change request is automatically created in BMC Remedy ITSM. When the operation is approved in BMC Remedy ITSM, the job is scheduled to execute.
Setting up job approval and change tracking requires procedures using BMC BladeLogic Server Automation, BMC Atrium Orchestrator, and BladeLogic Portal.
The following steps provide a high-level description of the process. Each step links to another procedure. Most of the steps are performed using other BMC products.
When BladeLogic Portal is connected to both BMC BladeLogic Server Automation and BMC Network Automation, any job approval and change tracking settings you establish apply to both products.
To set up job approval and change tracking
- Import the vulnerability management integration module into BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio workspace. This procedure must be performed using BAO. The file to be imported is attached here.
Importing this file enables the portal to contact BMC Remedy ITSM via BAO to get the status of change tickets.
- Enable secure communication with BMC Atrium Orchestrator using the HTTPS protocol. The necessary procedures must be performed using BSA and BAO.
- Set up job approval for the types of jobs that require approval. This procedure must be performed using BSA.
For example, if you are requiring approval for Deploy operations, use this procedure to set up approval for Deploy Jobs.
- Configure the connection between BMC Server Automation and BAO. This procedure must be performed using BSA.
- Set up a BAO connection in BladeLogic Portal so the portal can obtain change ticket and job approval information. This procedure must be performed using BladeLogic Portal.