Configuring after installation
After installing BladeLogic Portal, a portal administrator must perform some basic tasks to make the environment functional.
To be classified as a portal administrator when the portal is connected to BMC Server Automation, a user must belong to a portal security group that is associated with a BMC Server Automation role that has been granted the BL_Administration authorization. Without that authorization, the capabilities of the administrator are not available to the user in the portal.
The portal administrator for BMC Network Automation is identified during installation.
The following topics provide information and procedures for post-installation configuration:
- Logging on as administrator for the first time
- Managing portal security groups
- Managing sites
- Portal users
- Setting up a scanner connection
- Customizing the portal's appearance (branding)
- Setting up job approval and change tracking
- Setting up a connection to BMC Discovery
- Providing service level agreement information
- Advanced portal configuration
- Configuring Data Refresh
- Enabling collection of use case statistics - BMC internal use