Adding a deploy template
A deploy template is a Deploy Job defined in BMC Server Automation that can be used to define settings for any Deploy operation that the portal creates automatically, including Deploy operations that are created as part of auto-remediation. If you are performing auto-remediation, you first create at least one deploy template and that template must reference an advanced Deploy job.
When selecting a deploy template, BMC recommends that you select a Deploy Job that only functions as a deploy template rather than a live Deploy Job.
To add a deploy template
- At top right, click the drop-down menu by your user name. Then, select Administration.
The portal displays the Administration page.
- Click the Security Groups tab, if it is not already selected.
A list of portal security groups opens.
- Find a security group you can modify and click the Edit the current security group icon
The Update Security Group page opens. .
For Deploy Templates (at the bottom of that page), click Add.
- Navigate to a Deploy Job in BMC Server Automation that can be used to define settings for any Deploy operation that the portal creates.
You must select an advanced Deploy Job if you are going to be performing auto-remediation.
- Click Update Security Group.