The Delete name space provides commands for maintaining the BMC BladeLogic database, including commands to delete unused objects, check the database and file server integrity, and perform other miscellaneous actions.
The BMC BladeLogic system has a two-stage approach to deletions. When a user chooses to delete objects through the BMC BladeLogic GUI, the objects are not really deleted from the database. They are only marked as deleted. This is called the soft delete stage. Users can only directly initiate soft deletes.
The second stage is the hard delete. During hard deletes, entries that are marked as deleted (that is, soft deletes) are physically removed from the database.
The Delete name space also provides commands for deleting unused or temporary files from the Application Server cache, target servers (agents), and repeater servers.
This name space contains the following commands:
- Delete - checkFileServerIntegrity
- Delete - cleanupAgent
- Delete - cleanupAllAppServerCaches
- Delete - cleanupAppServerCache
- Delete - cleanupAppServerCache_1
- Delete - cleanupDatabase
- Delete - cleanupDatabase_1
- Delete - cleanupDatabase_2
- Delete - cleanupDatabase_3
- Delete - cleanupFileServer
- Delete - cleanupFileServer_1
- Delete - cleanupHistoricalData
- Delete - cleanupHistoricalData_1
- Delete - cleanupHistoricalData_2
- Delete - cleanupHistoricalData_3
- Delete - cleanupRepeater
- Delete - deleteCleanupTaskStatus
- Delete - executeRetentionPolicy
- Delete - executeRetentionPolicy_1
- Delete - getCompositeClassAsTree
- Delete - hardDeleteAllSharedObjects
- Delete - hardDeleteAllSharedObjects_1
- Delete - hardDeleteSharedObjectsByClass
- Delete - hardDeleteSharedObjectsByClass_1
- Delete - performFullCleanupJob