Building a dashboard quickly from marketplace content
BMC community contributors create dashboards that are available in the Marketplace Content folder in BMC Helix Dashboards for public use.
- Marketplace content dashboards are created by the BMC community members. These dashboards are not tested for functionality and performance. Thus, we recommend you to create a copy of these dashboards and customize according to your business requirements.
- Marketplace content folder includes dashboards for various BMC Helix solutions. You will see all the available dashboards under this folder irrespective of the solutions configured in your environment.
- BMC has been working on automating the process of new content submission to BMC Helix Dashboards by BMC customers and communities. In the meanwhile, contact BMC support to submit your content for the Marketplace content folder.
The following image displays a dashboard from the Marketplace Content folder.
You can copy the marketplace content dashboards and use it in your production environment. However, you can also use these dashboards as templates to quickly create dashboards for your requirements. For example, the ABC company uses Kubernetes to deploy its services. Jordan has recently joined the company as a network operations center operator. Jordan needs to quickly create a dashboard to obtain data about factors such as CPU and memory utilization of their Kubernetes cluster. However, Jordan is not well-versed with BMC Helix Dashboards. To get a dashboard created quickly, Jordan leverages a community-created dashboard for Kubernetes. Jordan views the dashboards in the Marketplace Content folder. He sees the K8s Container dashboard, which will help retrieve the data that he needs, so he creates a copy that he can further customize.
Jordan can also use any other marketplace content dashboard from the following list and create a customized dashboard according to his business requirements:
Marketplace content dashboards for BMC Helix ITSM
|Open Problem Metrics||Displays the KPIs related to open problems.|
|Incidents Aged Backlog Analysis||Displays the distribution of open incidents by age.|
|Problem Aged Backlog Analysis|
Displays the distribution of open problems by age.
|Open Change Management Analysis||Displays the KPIs for the change requests that are open.|
Marketplace content dashboards for BMC Helix Operations Management
Displays the overall health of the Kubernetes cluster along with the status of PODs and Containers.
|K8s Container||Displays the resource utilization of the Kubernetes Container.|
|K8s Namespace/Deployment||Displays the resource utilization of the Kubernetes Namespace.|
|K8s Node||Displays the resource utilization of the Kubernetes Node.|
|K8s Pods||Displays the resource utilization of the Kubernetes Pods.|
Marketplace content dashboards for BMC Helix Portal
|BMC Helix Portal Audit Dashboard||Displays the audit data of the BMC Helix resources such as users, groups, roles, permissions, and so on.|
- Do not edit or delete the marketplace content dashboards. You can copy a dashboard and then make changes to the copy.
- Do not move the dashboards to any other folder.
To view the marketplace dashboards
- In BMC Helix Dashboards, in the navigation pane, hover your mouse over the Dashboards icon .
- Click Browse and open the Marketplace Content folder to view the available dashboards.
To customize the marketplace dashboards
- Open a marketplace dashboard, for example, K8s Pods.
Click the Settings iconand click Save as.
Save the dashboard with a different name and customize it to suit your requirements.