Tag-based Event Data dashboard
As a dashboard user, use the Tag-based Event Data dashboard to view the number of open events and their severity, and the number of closed events filtered on the basis of tags supported with AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Azure knowledge modules. The dashboard also displays the trend of open events in your environment.
The dashboard uses the BMC Helix data source and the Events query type.
The following image shows the Tag-based Event Data dashboard with sample data:
To view the dashboard
- In the navigation pane, hover over Dashboards and click Browse.
- Click the Operations Management folder and then click Tag-based Event Data.
Tip: Quick access from the home page
To quickly open the dashboard from the home page, use the star icon to mark the dashboard as a favorite. After you open a dashboard, it is available under Recently viewed dashboards on the home page.
To filter the Tag-based Event Data dashboard
Use the following filters to refine the Tag-based Event Data dashboard:
- Tag keys—Select the Tag keys to filter the list of devices. This option allows you to select only one value at once.
- Tag values—Select the Tag values to filter the list of devices. This option allows you to select multiple values at once.
- Device name—Select a device from this list to view its event data. This option allows you to select multiple values at once.
Panels in the Tag-based Event Data dashboard
The following table describes the Tag-based Event Data dashboard panels:
Provides a link that you can use to cross launch to BMC Helix Operations Management for event analytics.
|Critical, Major, Minor, Information
|Displays the number of events of each severity type.
|Number of ticketed events
Displays the number of events that were converted into tickets on the devices that you selected.
|Number of open events
|Displays the total number of open events on the devices that you selected.
|Number of closed events
|Displays the total number of closed events on the devices that you selected.
|Open event trend
|Displays the trend of open events.
|Event trend by severity
|Displays the trend of events by severity.
|Top 5 CI's
Displays the top 5 devices on which maximum events are generated. This list does not depend on the devices that you selected.
|Event by class
Displays a graph of events by their classes that are generated on the devices that you selected.