Pre-staging an Oracle patch package
BMC Database Automation 8.9.02 and earlier versions do not support pre-staging of the Oracle quarterly patch packages. Starting with version 8.9.03, you can pre-stage the Oracle quarterly patch packages as well.
- From the Management Console main page, select Patching > Patch Repository in the Context Frame.
- On the Patch Repository page, select a patch package and select Pre-Stage from the list box for that row.
On the Oracle Pre-Deploy Patch Media page, from the Candidate List, select the Oracle instances on which you want pre-stage the patch media. The candidates for this patch package are determined by the patch version number defined when you created patch package. Click Next.
The candidates list does not get refreshed automatically. Click the Reload Candidates button to refresh the list.
In the Job Options page, specify any of the following Job options, and click Next.
(Optional) Click Add Email to add email addresses to the notification list.
Cleanup Agent Logs
(Optional) Select to automatically remove logs that are generated by BMC Database Automation on the Agent after the job is complete.
- In the Scheduling page, select when to run this job in the Job Execution field, and click Next.
NEW IN 8.9.03If you choose to run the job now or at a future time, optionally, you can use the Set Maintenance Window option to specify the Maintenance Window Start Time and the Maintenance Window End Time during which the job should be scheduled and running.
- In the Summary page, review the information.
To make changes, do the following:
- Click Go to to return to the provisioning step that you want to edit.
- Make your changes.
- Click Save and Review to return to the Summary page.
- Specify your verification preferences.
- To continue with database creation after the pre-verification tests have been successfully run without manual intervention, select Automatically Continue If All Tests Succeed.
To create the database without having first run the pre-verification steps, select Skip Pre-Verification Tests.
The Skip Pre-Verification Tests option should only be used when you are certain all tests can succeed. The option skips verification and advances directly to the actual provisioning activity.
- Click Execute Job or Schedule Job (depending on your selection in the Scheduling page).