Pre-staging a Sybase patch package
This topic describes how to pre-stage a Sybase patch package and its prerequisites.
Before you begin
- To pre-stage a Sybase patch package, you must have the Domain Administrator privileges.
Ensure that the GNU Tar utility is installed in one of the following locations on the Agent hosts:
The GNU Tar utility is available on the Solaris Freeware CD.
To pre-stage a Sybase patch package
- From the Management Console main page, select Patching > Patch Repository in the Context Frame.
- On the Patch Repository page, select a patch package and select Pre-Stage from the list box for that row.
On the Sybase Dataserver Pre Deploy Patch Media page, in the Candidate list, select the databases, hosts and instances on which you pre-stage the patch media. The candidates for this patch are determined by the patch version number you entered when you created the patch package. Click Next.
The candidates list does not get refreshed automatically. Click the Reload Candidates button to refresh the list.
In the Job Options page, specify any of the following Job options, and click Next.
(Optional) Click Add Email to add email addresses to the notification list.
Cleanup Agent Logs
(Optional) Select to automatically remove logs that are generated by BMC Database Automation on the Agent after the job is complete.
- In the Scheduling page, select when to run this job in the Job Execution field, and click Next.
NEW IN 8.9.03If you choose to run the job now or at a future time, optionally, you can use the Set Maintenance Window option to specify the Maintenance Window Start Time and the Maintenance Window End Time during which the job should be scheduled and running.
If the Change Control page displays, populate the following fields, and click Next.
Bypass Change Control
(Optional) Select to bypass using BMC Remedy ITSM to control the change process. Selecting this option removes the rest of the fields from this page.
Change Control Options
Select to determine whether to open a new BMC Remedy ITSM change ticket, or to use an existing BMC Remedy ITSM change ticket to control the change process.
- Selecting Use Existing Change Ticket displays the fields in the Use Existing Change Ticket section on this page.
- Selecting Create New Change Ticket displays the fields in the Create New Change Ticket section on this page.
Use Existing Change Ticket
ITSM Change ID
Specify the BMC Remedy ITSM change ticket number to associate with this change process.
ITSM Task ID
Specify the BMC Remedy ITSM task ID number to associate with this change process.
Create New Change Ticket
Assign the type of change for the new BMC Remedy ITSM change ticket.
Assign the impact level of this change process for the new BMC Remedy ITSM change ticket.
Assign the urgency level for the new BMC Remedy ITSM change ticket.
Assign the risk level of this change process for the new BMC Remedy ITSM change ticket.
Assign the change class for the new BMC Remedy ITSM change ticket.
Type a summary of the change process.
The Change Control page appears only when change control is configured for your environment. See Configuring change control.
- In the Summary page, review the information.
To make changes, do the following:
- Click Go to to return to the provisioning step that you want to edit.
- Make your changes.
- Click Save and Review to return to the Summary page.
- Click Execute Job or Schedule Job (depending on your selection in the Scheduling page).