Pre-staging a patch package
Before you install or deploy a patch package, you can copy the media to the patch candidate and then extract it to optimize the patch application process. This process is called pre-staging.
Before you pre-stage a patch package, you must copy the patch media to the manager.
Pre-staging process consists of the following steps:
- Checks whether the patch media exists on the Manager.
- Validates whether the patch candidate has the required space.
- Creates a patch media ZIP file on the Manager.
- Generates a checksum file for the ZIP file on the Manager.
- Uploads the patch media ZIP file to the patch candidate (s).
- Generates the checksum file of the uploaded ZIP file.
- Extracts patch media on the patch candidate.
- Validates the contents of the checksum file on the patch candidate.
The following topics provide instructions for pre-staging a patch package:
- Pre-staging a DB2 patch package
- Pre-staging an Oracle patch package
- Pre-staging a SQL Server patch package
- Pre-staging a Sybase patch package