Announcement, February 11, 2019
BMC Software announces the release of Patch 3 for
For a summary of all announcements, see .
For a description of all open and corrected issues in BMC Database Automation, see Known and corrected issues.
Version 8.9.03.003 of BMC Database Automation (BDA) features the following enhancements/fixes:
- Added support for Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- Added support for Microsoft SQL Server 2019 (preview media)
- Added support for Oracle 18c Restart
- Added support for Oracle 18c Single Instance on Microsoft Windows
- MSSQL DISA Compliance Database support introduced
- Other defect/bug fixes
For complete information about what's new or changed, see 8.9.03.003: Patch 3 for version 8.9.03.
Where to start
Your role and tasks may determine your first steps:
Install components of the BDA system.
Set up BDA after installation.
Integrate BDA with:
Perform ongoing maintenance of BDA.
Use the BDA Management Console to perform administrative tasks.
|Extend and customize BDA using a command line interface and a REST API.||Developing|
Understand the state of the environment by viewing BMC Decision Support – Database Automation reports.