FAQs and additional resources
This topic answers common questions and explains how to access additional resources, including BMC Support.
Frequently asked questions
This section answers frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the documentation portal.
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select Export to PDF.
- Select the type of PDF that you want:
- Only this page for a PDF of the current page
- This page and its children for a PDF of the current page and all of its child topics
Depending on the number of topics included in the export, it might take several minutes to create the PDF. After the export is complete, you can download the PDF.
Large BDA implementations might require the ability to upgrade multiple agents using the command line, rather than updating them one at a time using the Management Console. BDA enables you to upgrade agents via the command line while providing bulk upgrade capability.
Upgrading the Agent software using the command line
This section describes how to upgrade the BDA Agent software running on nodes using the command line on a node by node basis. The procedure can then be scripted to perform bulk upgrades.
For a summary view of agent version(s) running on nodes throughout your BDA environment, run the command below on the target manager to obtain detailed information about the agent(s): Parent, Node ID, Node IP, Host Name, Agent Version, and the agent's OS.
- As the root user, run the following commands on the Manager (or, for a Multi-Manager environment, the Satellite Manager):
An example of the information that is returned is shown in the screen capture below.
- Still as root, place the version of the Agent media package that you want to install in the following location on the BDA Manager or Satellite Manager:
- Still as root, run the following manager script:
/app/clarity/manager_scripts/bin/update_node.pl <Node IP from get_nodes.pl command> /app/clarity/var/agentupdates/<agent_package_name>
A BDA Agent bulk update ZipKit for AIX, Linux, Sparc and Windows is available at https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-36503.
The following BMC sites are external to this portal and provide information that you might find helpful:
This topic contains information about contacting BMC Support and determining support status for specific product versions.
If you do not have access to the web and you are in the United States or Canada, contact BMC Support at 800 537 1813. Outside the United States or Canada, select your country at Contact BMC to view local Support Contacts.
You can find the support status for specific product versions on Support Central. Selecting a product from the “A–Z Supported Product List” shows:
- All versions of the product and their current support levels (full or limited)
Dates on which support ends
You can also find information about the latest support policies on Support Central.