User goals and features
BMC Database Automation is a comprehensive software solution that improves the efficiency of administering the complete database life cycle, including the automation of recurring operational tasks such as provisioning, patching, and configuration management. It also eases transitions between database vendors and software upgrades, providing greater predictability and consistency across all database operations.
Specific key features include:
- Discovery and Inventory — Enables the identification of your database infrastructure; includes the ability to selectively approve, organize and manage clusters, databases and servers.
- Validation and Standardization — Automates the creation of validated and standardized builds; includes a library of hundreds of verification checks surrounding server configuration for various database platforms.
- Task Automation — Allows you to automate and schedule tasks and run arbitrary scripts on hosts and databases throughout your environment.
- Provisioning and Compliance — Ensures maximum uniformity of build with minimal user interaction. Audit standards globally within minutes and track configuration changes.
- Patch Management — Identifies systems that require patching, analyzes patching dependencies, and monitors them to ensure that patches, CPUs, and hotfixes are correctly installed and tracked.