This topic describes the hardware requirements for the Manager and Agent software.
Hardware requirements for the Manager
The server that runs the Manager software must meet the following minimum requirements:
- AMD Opteron or Intel Xeon processor (2 GHz or faster, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- 40 GB hard drive
- 1 GB RAM
- 1 Network Interface Card (NIC)
Hardware requirements for the Agent
The servers that run the Agent software must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Meet all requirements to run database of choice (for example, Oracle RAC clusters, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, and so forth).
- 40 MB of RAM (in addition to the required RAM for the database software).
- 200 MB of disk space (in addition to required disk space for the database software).
Hardware requirements for the data warehouse
BMC strongly recommends that the data warehouse run on dedicated hardware. The database can be on any platform, as long as the version of Oracle is later than 10.2.0.3. For reporting using BMC Decision Support – Database Automation, the data warehouse database server requires 60 GB of disk space and 8 GB minimum RAM (16 GB recommended).
Hardware requirements for Multi-Manager configuration
Typically, a Multi-Manager configuration is deployed with one Content Manager and three Satellite Managers. However, there is no maximum number of Satellite Managers that can participate in the mesh. In the typical configuration, the Content Manager requires an AMD Opteron or Intel Xeon processor (1 core, 3.0GHz or faster, 32-bit or 64-bit), with a minimum 40 GB hard drive, 8 GB RAM, and one NIC. The bandwidth requirements between the Content Manager and the Satellite Managers must be less than 500ms.
For additional requirements for the mesh, see Network requirements.
For LDAP authentication, the configuration must be completed on the Content Manager and each Satellite Manager. For more information, see Configuring LDAP authentication.