Upgrading client agent on all platforms automatically
BMC Client Management agents can be upgraded automatically or manually. If you want to manually upgrade your agents, see the sections under the respective platforms.
Automatic upgrade of agents is specified during the master upgrade. To verify that you have defined automatic upgrade, proceed as follows (by default the automatic upgrade is deactivated):
- In the console, open the Global Settings > System Variables node.
- Select the Connection Management tab.
- Check that the Automatic Agent Version Upgrade parameter is set to Yes.
- If this is not the case, double-click the respective line in the table.
The Properties window opens.
- Check the box for the parameter.
- Click OK to confirm and close the window.
The automatic agent upgrade is instantly activated. The next time the agents upload their identity to their parent, they are upgraded immediately, if an upgrade is available.