BMC Client Management is an advanced endpoint management tool that provides a reliable way to monitor devices on a network. It can identify the points of failure when problems occur and makes it possible for network and system difficulties to be resolved quickly. BMC Client Management is a client-server system made up of several different components. It contains a database which is integrated with the master server, a graphical user interface to access the data in the database, and the agents installed on the clients providing the data for the database.
BMC Client Management automates client management helping organizations control costs, maintain compliance, and reduce data and financial risks. From device acquisition to disposal, BMC Client Management provides an accurate view of software installations, ensures device adherence to organizational and industry policies, and supports systems and software currency.
BMC Client Management allows you to manage devices from receipt to retirement. You can easily automate processes and effectively manage the full range of IT assets while also delivering-and communicating-overall business value. BMC Client Management is composed of five modules, which can be purchased individually for on premises installation or as a complete suite, either on site or in the cloud:
- Inventory: Automate inventory tracking to help guide investment decisions, reduce manual processes, and maintain compliance. Reduce costly audit failures by understanding software license usage and the associated financial liabilities.
- Patch: Centrally assess, manage, deploy, and report on patches to ensure that systems are secure and that the integrity of your business is not compromised
- Deploy: Easily deploy, migrate, and patch software to ensure that all systems are secure and up-to-date.
- Compliance: Reduce the hassle associated with monitoring IT assets and defining policies, and provide auditors with records of compliance levels from a centralized console. Reduce PC energy consumption and track ROI and TCO. Define and enforce usage policies, including what content is available for upload and download, and keep track of events and activity across all assets.
- Remote: Identify and resolve PC issues without leaving your desk.
As businesses continue to grow and merge, IT organizations continually find themselves facing the increasingly difficult task of a accurately managing their technology assets, including client devices.
- Inventory your IT assets - know what you own and exactly how those assets are being used
- Ensure that your devices are secure and compliant with your IT policies
- Easily deploy, update, and patch operating systems and applications
- Remotely access all of your devices (even those not connected via VPN)
- Provide easy desktop access to role-specific, preapproved software and other relevant data
- Integrate client data with your service desk
The key benefits of BMC Client Management are:
- Save time by centrally managing client assets
- Maintain compliance with software license management
- Reduce risk of audit failure
- Make informed, financially sound decisions
- Reduce exposure and financial risk by automatically resolving known vulnerabilities
- Deliver actionable data through reporting and dashboards
- Provide self-service for software downloads, common actions and quick links with MyApps
To download the BMC Client Management datasheet, see this page.
- System administrator: Manages configurations that globally control the system behavior.
Security Administrator: Manages security settings, security profiles, predefined administrator groups, access rights and capabilities for specific cases.
Configuration Manager: Manages the configuration settings for each module in BCM Client Management.
Application Developers: Develop and customize the application.
End users: Use the BMC Client Management features.
For details about these roles, see User goals and features.
BMC Client Management is a client/server solution made up of several different modules. It contains a database that is integrated with the master server, a graphical user interface to access the data in the database and agents installed on the clients, providing the data for the database.
The product provides the following features:
- Discovery and inventory: Automate inventory tracking to help guide investment decisions, reduce manual processes, and maintain compliance for physical and virtual devices.
- OS and application deployment: Centralize and automate system deployment or migration - with no configuration - for minimal disruption.
- Software license management: Reduce costly audit failures by understanding software license usage and the associated financial liabilities.
- Patch management: Centrally assess, manage, deploy, and report on patches to ensure that systems are secure and that the integrity of your business is never compromised.
- Event management: Extend monitoring and custom alerting capabilities to proactively track, manage, and automate remediation when key infrastructure events occur.
- Managing financial information for assets: Make informed decisions to optimize spending and eliminate compliance penalties.
- Policy compliance: Reduce the hassle associated with monitoring IT assets and defining policies, and provide auditors with records of compliance levels from a centralized console; leverage SCAP templates certified by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Device security: View, control, monitor, and update all major anti-virus and anti-spyware software from a single source.
- Remote management: Securely manage routine desktop management tasks and enable administrators to detect, diagnose, and resolve PC issues without leaving their desk.
- Power management: Lower energy bills and reduce the environmental footprint associated with PC energy consumption.
- Device management: Centrally define and enforce your device usage policies, control upload and download activity, log peripheral device events for proactive response, and audit any unwanted activity.
- MyApps: Put pre-approved software and access requests in the hands of the end user without going to any websites or submitting Help desk forms.
Ready-made documentation is available for download on the PDFs and videos page.
Log in or register to comment.