The BMC Client Management - Patch Manager is mainly for the systems administrators and it provides both general user information and some in depth explanations of the internal workings of the BMC Client Management - Patch Management.
About 90% of computer attacks exploit security holes for which patches already exist. Yet many organizations find it difficult and time-consuming to keep patches current and properly installed across the company. As a result, incorrectly installed patches or patching delays can be expensive and seriously disruptive to productivity.
With BMC Client Management - Patch Management , you can easily and quickly manage, update, and download all of your patches for Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft applications, and selected third party applications, such as Firefox, installed across your network. To see a list products that BMC Client Management is capable of patching, see .
This BMC Client Management video (9 mins) describes how to manage patches by using the Patch Management module in BMC Client Management.
For information about managing patches, see the following topics:
- Getting started with patch management
- Patching Your First Device
- Managing patches automatically
- Regularly scanning a device group for missing patches
- Deploying a Bulletin to Affected Devices
- Scheduling Deployment
- Verifying the patch status
- Generating Patch Group Reports
- Automatically Downloading Patches
- Patch Manager
- Patch Detection
- Patch inventory
- Working with patch groups
- Patch jobs
- Service packs
- Dynamic downloader
- Local access to patch management
- Patch Service Pack Distribution Wizard
- Extending patch support for EOL operating systems