Getting started with Custom Inventory
Contrary to the other types of inventory the Custom Inventory needs to be configured for devices and device groups first before its instances can be defined. This requires the following manual operations:
- Create a new custom inventory object type.
- Define the attributes of the new object type.
- Add the new new custom inventory object type to the targets (devices/device groups).
- Fill in the data of the new custom inventory object on the targets (add instances).
The following topics are provided:
- Creating a new object
- Defining the attributes of the new object
- Adding an object to the custom inventory of a device
- Providing data for the new custom inventory object
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you