Configuring remote control recording
BMC Client Management enables you to record a remote control session. You can store the recording to use it for audit purposes or as a learning or coaching aid.
This BMC Client Management video (3 mins 11 secs) describes how to configure a remote control recording and then record a remote control session.
To configure remote control session recording
- In the BCM console, click Global Settings > Remote Control.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Double-click any row or right-click any row and click Properties.
The Properties dialog box displays.
Select a video recording manager. Click thebutton and select a device.
BMC recommends you to use a dedicated BCM agent as a video manager because it consumes the resources for encoding and also consumes the disk space to store the records.
Select a location in the video recording manager's file system to store the recorded video. Click thebutton, and choose a location or enter the location manually.
Specify Recording time to live (days) for the recorded videos. After this length of time, the system automatically deletes the recording. You can choose a value between 0 and 9999 days. If you set this value to 0, videos are not deleted automatically.
- Select Automatic Recording if you want the recording to start automatically as soon as you connect to a remote device.
- Select Encoding Priority. You can select one of the following values:
- Low: Other processes have a much higher priority.
- Medium: Other processes have a higher priority.
- Normal: Other processes have the same priority.
Specify the time to live for the remote control sessions in the Session History (TTL) days field. After this length of time, the system automatically deletes the remote control session. You can choose a value between 0 and 9999 days. If you set this value to 0, sessions are not deleted automatically.
- Select the quality of the recording. Lower quality reduces the recording size. By default, videos are recorded in top quality.
- Select Remove deprecated videos if you want to remove the videos not yet uploaded on a client when the video manager is not defined. By setting this option, the client uploading a video is informed that the video can be removed because the video manager is not defined. If this option is not set, the client tries uploading the videos over and over again until a video manager is defined.
- Click OK.
Log in or register to comment.