Configuring remote control recording
BMC Client Management enables you to record a remote control session. You can store the recording to use it for audit purposes or as a learning or coaching aid.
This BMC Client Management video (3 mins 11 secs) describes how to configure a remote control recording and then record a remote control session.
To configure remote control session recording
- In the BCM console, click Global Settings > Remote Control Recordings.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Double-click any row or right-click any row and click Properties.
The Properties dialog box displays.
Select a video recording manager. Click the button and select a device.
BMC recommends you to use a dedicated BCM agent as a video manager because it consumes the resources for encoding and also consumes the disk space to store the records.
Select a location in the video recording manager's file system to store the recorded video. Click the button, and choose a location or enter the location manually.
Specify time to live (TTL) for the recorded videos. After this length of time, the system automatically deletes the recording. You can choose a value between 0 and 9999 days. If you set this value to 0, videos are not deleted automatically.
- Select Automatic Recording if you want the recording to start automatically as soon as you connect to a remote device.
- Select Encoding Priority. You can select one of the following values:
- Low: Other processes have a much higher priority.
- Medium: Other processes have a higher priority.
- Normal: Other processes have the same priority.
- Click OK.