Uninstalling the client agent via rollout
Agents that were installed via a rollout can also be uninstalled by rollout. The procedure is similar to the installation. The wizard created for this uninstallation uses the Master as the Rollout Server and the default schedule.
Creating the uninstall rollout
- Select Wizards > Agent Rollout
The Core Setup Configuration window appears. .
- Select the Uninstall option from the Select the action to perform for this rollout list.
- Click Next .
The General Parameters are displayed on the screen.
- Define the following parameters for your new rollout all others leave with their predefined values:
- Enter the name for the rollout configuration, for example, Vista 32-bit Uninstall in the Name box.
- (Optinal) If the uninstallation is to be also available for download on the Rollout Server agent interface, enter the name for the auto-extractable file in the Auto-extractable Name box, for example, FPAC_Vista32BitUninstall.exe .
- (Optinal) If the installation is to be executed silently, that is, without any user input on the target, on Windows devices check the Silent mode Installation box.
- In the Operating System text box select the appropriate operating system group.
- (Optinal) If the agent was not installed in the default directory enter its installation directory in the Installation Directory box.
- (Optinal) If the agent was not installed with its default service name enter its name in the Agent Service Name box.
- Click Next .
The Communication window appears. In this window the devices on which the agent is to be uninstalled must be selected and the administrator accounts to access them. To select the target devices there are several methods available. Since all targets have an agent installed the easiest method is to select them from the device list.
- For this select Select a device
The Select a Device window opens on the screen. above the Parent Name text box.
- Select the devices to be uninstalled from one of the tabs of the Select a Device dialog box.
- Click OK to confirm and close the window.
The devices are now added to the list window.
- Click Add Administrator .
- Enter the required data for the account login into the respective boxes.
- To add a new account, click Add Administrator
The Properties dialog box appears on the screen. .
- Enter the following data for a new account login into the respective boxes:
- Enter the name of the domain to which the rollout is going into the Administrator Domain text box. If the rollout is going to all domains, you can use an asterisk (*).
Enter the login name of the admin as which the agent deployment tries to log on to the remote target to install the agent into the Login text box.
If you are not sure that your local administrator login has the same passwords for all targets, use the domain logon. For domain logons to work correctly, the necessary domain trust relationships must already were set up between the different domain controllers.
- Enter the password of the previously entered admin into the Password text box. For security reasons the passwords is only displayed in the form of asterisks (*).
- Confirm the previously entered the password into this text box.
- Click OK to confirm the new account and add it.
It is now shown in the preceding list.
- Click Verify Rollout to ensure that the entered account data is correct.
- Click OK and then Finish .
- In the Confirmation dialog box, select the Go to Rollout radio button to change the focus of the console window to the new rollout. Click Yes to confirm the immediate activation.
- If you did not check the Go to Rollout box at the end of the wizard select the newly created rollout in the left tree hierarchy and then its Servers subnode.
In the Assigned Schedule tab you can follow the general progress of the client rollout assignment.
- After this value reads
Executingselect the Targets tab to follow progress of each individual target through the Status column (initial status is
Initialand final stage should be
You have now uninstalled the CM agent from all the defined target computers.
Devices that cannot be accessed directly by the rollout because they are in another domain or behind a firewall or for any number of other reasons must download the uninstall package from the Rollout Server page of the server's agent browser interface and execute it. To access the server enter http://<rollout server name> :<rollout server port> /rollout into the browser.