Rolling out the client agents
Before you continue with the following procedure, ensure that you have at least one relay installed.
- Select Wizards > Agent Rollout
The Core Setup Configuration window appears. .
- If you want to select a specific relay for the rollout targets, select the Configure the relay selection or use master otherwise check box.
- If you want to schedule the rollout at a specific date and time, select the Configure a custom schedule for this rollout (default is one immediate execution) check box.
- Click Next.
The General Parameters dialog box appears on the screen.
- Enter the name of the new rollout, for example, Windows 32 Bit Clients into the Name box.
- Enter the name for the rollout package executable in the Auto-extractable Name box, for example, win32clientagent12.exe for a Windows 32-bit client rollout.
- From the list of the Operating System list, select the operating system group to which the agent is to be rolled out, for example, Windows XP/2003 ... (32 bit).
- Click Next.
If you checked the option Configure the relay selection or use master otherwise in the first window, the Communication window appears. If not, continue with step 13.
- To find the relay, click Select a device next to the Parent Name box.
- Click All .
- Select the desired parent device from the list that appears and click OK.
- Click Next.
The Targets & Accounts window appears.
- Click Select a device .
- From the Available Objects box, select the desired group that contains the client rollout targets of the defined operating system type.
- (Optional) To select individual devices instead of a group, click All on the left bar and select your devices from the list that appears.
- Click OK to add the group and close the window.
- Click Add Administrator .
- Enter the required data for the account login into the respective boxes.
- To add a new account, click Add Administrator
The Properties dialog box appears on the screen. .
- Enter the following data for a new account login into the respective boxes:
- Enter the name of the domain to which the rollout is going into the Administrator Domain box. If the rollout is going to all domains, you can use an asterisk (*).
Enter the login name of the administrator whose account the rollout uses to log on to the remote target to install the agent into the Login box.
- For Windows XP Professional rollouts, you must enter a valid login and password, and it must be the same for all devices, that is, the rollout server (the master) and targets.
- If you are not sure that your local administrator login has the same passwords for all targets, use the domain logon. For domain logons to work correctly, the necessary domain trust relationships must already be set up between the different domain controllers.
- Enter the password of the previously entered admin into the Password box. For security reasons the passwords are only displayed in the form of asterisks (*).
- Confirm the previously entered the password in the next text box.
- Click OK to confirm the new account and add it.
It is now shown in the preceding list.
- Click Verify Rollout to ensure that the entered account data is correct.
- Click OK and then Finish.
The Confirmation dialog box appears.
- Select the Go to Rollout to change the focus of the console window to the new rollout.
- Click Yes to confirm the immediate activation.
If you did not check the Go to Rollout box at the end of the wizard, select the newly created rollout in the left tree hierarchy and then its Servers subnode.
In the Assigned Schedule tab you can follow the general progress of the client rollout assignment.
- After this value displays
Executing, select the Targets tab to follow the progress of each individual target through the Status column (initial status is
Initialand final stage should be
Your first client rollout is now completed and your installed base is large enough to execute any other operation. To install all remaining clients in your network, repeat this procedure for all other target device groups.
When you are rolling out agents on MAC OS X devices and you want to remotely control these devices you must reboot them after the installation.