Performing advanced tasks
To create user group from a query
To create a new user group, to which a query is assigned, the type of the query has to be User.
- Select Queries in the left window pane.
- Select the query for which you want to create a user group in the right window pane.
- Select Edit > Create User Group .
The new user group was created with the same name as that of the query. It displays directly under User Groups in the left window pane and the query assigned to it has the status: active.
To modify status of a dynamic user group
In BMC Client Management, you can change the status of dynamic groups of any type. The status of a group can either be active or inactive.
- Select in the left window pane either:
- Device Groups, or
- User Groups.
- Select the desired group in the left window pane.
- Select the subnode Dynamic Population in the left window pane.
- Select from the Group Status drop-down list of the preceding table in the right window pane the desired status.
The new status was saved and applied to the selected group.