BMC Client Management automates client management helping organizations control costs, maintain compliance, and reduce data and financial risks. From device acquisition to disposal, BMC Client Management provides an accurate view of software installations , ensures device adherence to organizational and industry policies, and supports systems and software currency.
BMC Client Management is composed of five modules, which can be used individually or as the complete suite, also the product can be installed either on site or in the cloud.
As businesses continue to grow and merge, IT organizations continually find themselves facing the increasingly difficult task of a accurately managing their technology assets, including client devices.
- Inventory your IT assets - know what you own and exactly how those assets are being used
- Ensure that your devices are secure and compliant with your IT policies
- Easily deploy, update, and patch operating systems and applications
- Remotely access all of your devices (even those not connected via VPN)
- Provide one-click desktop access to role-specific, preapproved software and other relevant data
- Integrate client data with your BMC IT Service Desk
BMC Client Management is a client/server system made up of several different computer programs. It contains a database that is integrated with the master server, a graphical user interface to access the data in the database and agents installed on the clients, providing the data for the database. The product provides the following features:
- Discovery and inventory: Automate inventory tracking to help guide investment decisions, reduce manual processes, and maintain compliance for physical and virtual devices
- OS and application deployment: Centralize and automate system deployment or migration - with no configuration - for minimal disruption
- Software license management: Reduce costly audit failures by understanding software license usage and the associated financial liabilities
- Patch management: Centrally assess, manage, deploy, and report on patches to ensure that systems are secure and that the integrity of your business is never compromised
- Event management: Extend monitoring and custom alerting capabilities to proactively track, manage, and automate remediation when key infrastructure events occur
- Financial asset management: Make informed decisions to optimize spending and eliminate compliance penalties
- Policy compliance: Reduce the hassle associated with monitoring IT assets and defining policies, and provide auditors with records of compliance levels from a centralized console; leverage SCAP templates certified by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Device security: View, control, monitor, and update all major anti-virus and anti-spyware software from a single source
- Remote management: Securely manage routine desktop management tasks and enable administrators to detect, diagnose, and resolve PC issues without leaving their desk
- Power management: Lower energy bills and reduce the environmental footprint associated with PC energy consumption
- Device management: Centrally define and enforce your device usage policies, control upload and download activity, log peripheral device events for proactive response, and audit any unwanted activity
- MyApps: Put preapproved software and access requests in the hands of the end user without going to any websites or submitting Help desk forms
Ready-made documentation is available for download on the PDFs and videos page.
Log in or register to comment.