Managing SNMP credentials
You can reuse the SNMP credentials for different functionalities in BMC Client Management. You do not need to manually enter the same credentials multiple times. Instead, you can simply select the credentials that you want to use. You can manage the SNMP credentials under the Credentials node under the Global Settings.
For SNMP credentials:
- You cannot use the cut and paste action.
- You can use the import or export action.
- You can configure reports and run queries.
Before you begin
Ensure that you enable the View and Manage capabilities for the Credentials object. For more information, see Enable capability to use the Credentials functionality.
To create new SNMP credentials
- On the BMC Client Management console, click Global Settings > Credentials > SNMP Credentials.
- Click Edit and select Create SNMP Credentials.
In the Properties window, enter the required information.
Field Description Name Enter a descriptive name for the credentials. SNMP Version Select a preferred version of SNMP. Community (for SNMP versions 1&2 only) Enter a name for the community. USM User (for SNMP version 3 only) Enter a name for the user. Authentication Algorithm (for SNMP version 3 only) Select a preferred type of authentication. Authentication Password (for SNMP version 3 only) Enter a password to be used for authentication. Privacy Algorithm (for SNMP version 3 only) Select a type of privacy. Privacy Password (for SNMP version 3 only) Enter a password to be used for privacy. Context Name (for SNMP version 3 only) Enter a context name that might be required to browse to a specific set of data on SNMP entity. Hide Password To view passwords in plain text format, clear the check box. Notes Enter additional information in the free-text field.
To update or delete SNMP credentials
You can update account credentials only from the Credentials node.
- On the BMC Client Management console, click Credentials > SNMP Credential Name.
On the SNMP Credentials page, perform one of the following actions:
To update SNMP credentials
- Click F2 or double-click the SNMP credentials, or right-click > Properties
- Update the required fields.
- Click OK.
To delete SNMP credentials
- Click F2 or double-click the SNMP credentials, or right-click > Properties.
- Click Delete.