Managing account credentials
By using the Credentials functionality, you can reuse the account credentials for different functionalities in BMC Client Management. You do not need to manually enter the credentials multiple times for each functionality. Instead, you can simply select the credentials that you want to use. You can manage the account credentials under the Credentials node under the Global Settings. For more information, see Managing administrator credentials centrally for rolling out BCM agents.
- You cannot create two accounts with the same domain name and login user name.
- You can create several accounts without assigning any domain, but with the same login ID and a different password for each account.
To enable capability the Credentials functionality
- On the BMC Client Management console, go to Global Settings > Administrators > ClientManagementAdmin > Security Profile.
- Enable Credentials.
To create new account credentials
Create your account under the Credentials node and then you can associate it to rollouts. For more information, see Managing administrator credentials centrally for rolling out BCM agents.
- On the BMC Client Management console, click Global Settings > Credentials > Account Credentials.
- Click Edit and select Create Account Credentials.
In the Properties window, enter the required information and click OK.
A new account credential is created.
To update or delete account credentials
You can update account credentials only from the Credentials node.
- On the BMC Client Management console, click Credentials > Account Credential Name.
On the Account Credentials page, perform one of the following actions:
To update account credentials
- Click F2 or double-click the account credentials, or right-click > Properties
- Update the required fields.
- Click OK.
To delete account credentials
- Click F2 or double-click the account credentials, or right-click > Properties.
- Click Delete.