Launching a diagnostic
If you are launching a diagnostic for the first time on a device or a device group proceed as follows:
If you are relaunching the diagnostic, start at step 3 of the procedure.
- Select the Devices / Device Groups node in the left tree hierarchy.
- Right-click the selected node in the left tree hierarchy.
A pop-up menu appears.
Select the Add Device / Add Device Group/ option.
If the device/group is already listed under the node you can (re-)launch a diagnostic by simply clicking Launch Diagnostic from the drop-down menu to the right above the table.
The Select a Device Group window appears.
- Select the desired device/device group and click OK.
The User Accounts Used for Diagnostic window appears.
- Here you can enter or modify user accounts to access the device(s) by clicking Add or Modify.
A Properties window appears.
- Enter the login name and corresponding password in the respective text boxes and re-enter the password for confirmation or modify the existing values.
- To view the passwords clear the Hide Passwords check box. Both password boxes will now be displayed in clear text format.
- To confirm the new user account click OK at the bottom of the window.
- The account will be added to the list in the User Accounts Used for Diagnostic window.
- Repeat the previous steps to add more authentications if necessary.
- Click OK to confirm all authentications and launch the diagnostics.
An information window appears informing you that the diagnostic was launched.
- Click Close to close the window.
The diagnostic is started directly. A node will appear for the device/device group under the Global Settings > Diagnostic Tool > Device Groups / Devices nodes in which you can follow the progress of the diagnostic tests.