Getting started with custom compliance
Compliance Management consists of four consecutive steps:
- Inventorying : Taking stock of the current situation of the devices.
- Defining : Defining the criteria that the devices must comply to and assigning it to the devices.
- Evaluating : Assessing the results of the compliance check.
- Remedying : Correcting the points on which the devices are not compliant, for example by activating a firewall, applying a patch, resolving a security hole, uninstalling a software, and so on.
By executing these four steps you are making sure that your devices comply to all the rules and policies defined within your organization.
You have the following main options for improving your compliance processes:
- Automating inventory generation : Setting up CM to automatically and regularly generate the required inventories of the concerned devices.
- Defining constants : Defining constants that can be used when setting up the compliance rule criteria.
- Generating compliance reports : Generating reports in different formats (PDF, HTML, XML) to visualize and track compliance results.
- Creating dashboards : Creating specific dashboards to provide an easy overview over a specific situation or population.