Generating the Power Management inventory
Similar to the Patch, the Power Management must be generated specifically. This is done via an operational rule executed on your target devices. The first action to take is to create the operational rule, this time manually.
- Select the Operational Rules top node in the left window pane.
- Click Edit> Create Operational Rule
The Properties dialog box appears. .
- Enter Power Management Inventory into the Name field and then click OK.
The new operational rule is added to the list of members in the right pane.
- Double-click the operational rule.
- Go to the Steps tab.
- Click Add Step
The Select a Step pop-up menu appears. .
- Click the Power Management folder and select the Update Power Management Inventory step of this group.
- Click Add
The Properties dialog box appears displaying the parameters to be defined. to add the step to the list of Selected Objects.
- Check the remaining options: Upload after update , Force Upload , Bypass Transfer Window.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Click OK to add the step to the operational rule and close the Select a Step pop-up menu.
The operational rule is now created and must be assigned to the target devices, for our example here we will assign it to the group All Devices again.
- Return to the Power Management Inventory rule click the Assigned Objects and then the Assigned Group node.
- To assign the group select Assign Device Group
A confirmation window appears. .
- Click Yes, to activate the operational rule directly.
The Assign to Device Group pop-up menu appears.
- Select the All Devices group from the list.
- Click OK to add it and close the window.
If you answered Yes to Would you like to automatically activate the selected items with the default schedule? (see preceding point 3), the inventory process is started directly!
For more information see Analyzing the Power Management inventory.