About BMC Client Management
BMC Client Management is an advanced systems management software that provides a reliable way to monitor all systems on a network. It isolates the exact point of failure when problems occur and makes it possible for network and system difficulties to be resolved quickly. BMC Client Management is a client-server system made up of several different computer programs. It contains a database which is integrated with the master server, a graphical user interface to access the data in the database, and the agents installed on the clients providing the data for the database.
BMC Client Management automates client management helping organizations control costs, maintain compliance, and reduce data and financial risks. From device acquisition to disposal, BMC Client Management provides an accurate view of software installations, ensures device adherence to organizational and industry policies, and supports systems and software currency.
BMC Client Management allows you to streamline and automate client management with a comprehensive set of capabilities that enable you to discover, configure, manage, and secure all of your IT end points:
- Pass software audits with ease
- Reduce data vulnerabilities and financial risk through automated software patching
- Know what you have - confidently discover all your clients and edge devices
- Intelligently manage your software entitlements - don't over deploy and don't over spend
- Enjoy turnkey integration with multiple BMC service desk solutions
BMC Client Management allows you to manage IT clients from receipt to retirement. You can easily automate processes and effectively manage the full range of IT assets while also delivering-and communicating-overall business value. BMC Client Management is composed of five modules, which can be purchased individually or as the complete suite, either on site or in the cloud:
- Inventory : Automate inventory tracking to help guide investment decisions, reduce manual processes, and maintain compliance. Reduce costly audit failures by understanding software license usage and the associated financial liabilities.
- Patch : Centrally assess, manage, deploy, and report on patches to ensure that systems are secure and that the integrity of your business is never compromised
- Deploy : Easily deploy, migrate, and patch software to ensure that all systems are secure and up-to-date.
- Compliance : Reduce the hassle associated with monitoring IT assets and defining policies, and provide auditors with records of compliance levels from a centralized console. Reduce PC energy consumption and track ROI and TCO. Define and enforce usage policies, including what content is available for upload and download, and keep track of events and activity across all assets.
- Remote : Identify and resolve PC issues without leaving your desk.
The key benefits of BMC Client Management are:
- Centrally manage client assets
- Reduce discovery, configuration and deployment of client devices
- Intelligently optimize software license management
- Reduce risk of audit failure
- Make informed, financially sound decisions
- Reduce exposure and financial risk by automatically resolving known vulnerabilities
- Deliver actionable data through reporting and dashboards
- Provide self-service for software downloads, common actions and quick links with MyApps
- Easily establish return on investment (ROI) and total cost of ownership (TCO) with granular power management settings
See the Client Management datasheet.