Distributing only to devices with a minimum amount of RAM
When a package is assigned for distribution, an operational (distribution) rule of the same name as the package will automatically be created, containing the necessary actions (steps) to execute the package installation on the target device. This operational rule is editable, that is, conditions can be added to it before the package installation, such as making sure the package will only be installed on a device with Windows 2003 as its operating system and at least 512 MB RAM. Proceed as follows:
- Select the Operational Rules top node in the left window pane.
The right window pane displays the list of existing operational rules and folders.
- Select Your Package Distribution Rule.
- Go to the Steps tab.
- Click Add Step
The Select a Step dialog appears. .
- In the Available Steps box open the folder Monitoring and select step Check Installed RAM .
- Click Add
The Properties dialog appears. .
- Make the following changes in the window:
- Select the The rule fails option from the Stop Condition drop-down list.
512into the box RAM (MB) .
- Click OK to add the step to the list.
- In the table to the right select the line RAM (MB) and then click Move Up
Now the required new step is added and at the right position: If a target device does not have at least 512 MB of RAM, the distribution will not be executed. once.
- Now you can continue to assign the package to its targets or to reactivate the package assignment if you modified an existing package