Creating or modifying power scheme
Creating new power schemes or modifying existing ones is done via operational rules and its step. The step is the same for both operations:
- Select Wizards Operational Rule Creation
The Operational Rule Creation Wizard displays on the screen. The left pane of the wizard window appears all available steps of this wizard, in the right part the first window, Definition, is shown. .
- Enter Change Power Scheme (or any other desired name) into the Name field.
- Leave all other parameters as they are, because neither packages will be distributed nor dependencies are required for this rule.
- Click Next > to continue.
- Select Add Step
The Select a Step pop-up menu appears. on top of the list field.
- Expand the item Power Management and select the step Create/Modify Power Plan.
- Click Add
The Properties dialog box appears. to confirm.
Enter a name for the new power scheme in the respective field.
If you are modifying an existing scheme ensure that you enter the name of the scheme to be modified exactly as it is saved in Windows. Otherwise a new one will be generated.
- Check the box Active Power Plan to make the new scheme the active scheme right away.
Enter the following values for testing purposes in the boxes labelled with (AC).
This signifies that the parameter applies to devices with a constant source of alimentation, such as a desktop or a laptop connected to an electrical plug:
- Monitor Off (AC) : 1 Minute.
- Hard Disc Drive Off (AC) : 2 Minutes
- System Suspend (AC) : 3 Minutes
- Hibernate System (AC) : 5 Minutes
- Leave all other values as they are.
- Click OK to confirm the step.
- Click OK again to confirm the list of steps for the operational rule and close the window.
- Click Finish to confirm all choices and create the rule.
A confirmation window appears which allows you to directly continue with the Operational Rule Distribution Wizard .
- Click Yes to continue directly with the distribution of the new rule.
Leave all options as they are.
The Name field is inaccessible as the operational rule to distribute is already preselected, that is, the one we just created.
- Click Next > to continue.
- Select Assign Device Group
A confirmation window appears. on top of the list field.
- Click Yes to automatically launch the rule.
The Select a Device Group pop-up menu appears.
- Select the Client Devices group.
- Click OK to confirm and close the window.
The device group will be added to the list.
- Click Finish to terminate the wizard.
The last option of the wizard is, as usual, the choice to go directly to one the objects.
- Check the Go to Operational Rule box and click Yes, to directly activate the rule.
- After the operational rule is executed on all devices, you can verify if it works by continued inactivity on all your client devices.
After the operational rule is executed on all devices, you can verify if it works by continued inactivity on all your client devices. After 5 minutes, all devices should be in hibernation.
You can also regenerate a new power inventory by re-executing (reassigning) the respective operational rule to display the active power scheme and its parameters.