Configuring device settings for power management
The Power Management module is loaded by default at installation time, now it only needs to be configured. Like most other modules, it is configured via the Agent Configuration of the respective device. We will do so in this example via an operational rule using the wizards for all devices of your test environment:
- Select Wizards > Operational Rule Creation
The left pane of the wizard window appears all available steps of this wizard. .
- Enter Power Management Configuration (or any other desired name) into the Name field of the Definition view.
- Leave all other parameters as they are, because neither packages will be distributed nor dependencies are required for this rule.
- Click Next > to continue.
The Steps window appears. Here we must define the operations necessary to configure the power management which is done all in one single step:
- Select Add Step
The Select a Step pop-up menu will be displayed on the screen. on top of the list field.
- Open the Agent Configuration folder and select the Power Management Module Setup step.
- Click Add to confirm.
- The Properties window appears.
- Make the following modification to the available parameters:
Check the Log Events option. This will ensure that the events generated for the power management are logged in the local database.
This step configures the event generation for the module, as we have just done, and the default inventory update and upload. By default it is generated and uploaded to the master database every 24 hours. If you want to define a different schedule see Option (a).
- Click OK to add the step to the list and close the window.
- Click OK again to confirm the list of steps for the operational rule and close the window.
- Click Finish to confirm the settings of the new operational rule.
A confirmation window appears which allows you to directly continue with the Operational Rule Distribution Wizard.
- Click Yes to continue directly with the distribution of the new rule.
The Operational Rule Distribution Wizard is displayed on the screen with its first window, Operational Rule. The Name field is inaccessible as the operational rule to distribute is already preselected, that is, the one we just created.
- Leave all options as they are.
Click Next > to continue.
The operational rule is now created and must be assigned to the devices on which to execute, in our example the relay.
- Select Assign Device
The Select a Device pop-up menu appears. on top of the list field.
- Go to the All tab and select the relay.
- Click OK to confirm and close the window.
The device will be added to the list window.
- Click Finish to confirm all choices and launch the assignment and configuration process.
The last option provided by the wizard is to go directly to one of the objects, that is, the operational rule or the task, if one was created.
- For our example we will directly activate the rule and change to focus to it, therefore check the Go To Operational Rule box and click Yes, to directly activate the rule.