Configuring asset discovery
Configuring asset discovery includes:
- Managing scan configurations
- Adding existing devices as targets
- Configuring target lists
- Managing asset discovery scanners
To summarize, the configuration of the Asset Discovery functionality of is done in the following different steps:
- The Scanner must be defined. You can skip this step, if you are using the master as your Scanner as it is predefined as such.
- Each scanner has a specific configuration, which is to be defined under the scanner's node.
- The Asset Discovery module disposes of a number of parameters defining its general behavior which can be adapted to comply with company policies. It must be configured individually either directly in the Agent Configuration node of the respective device or via the respective operational rule for all members of a device group. You can also configure it directly through the respective configuration file (
RemoteInventory.ini) in the
- The configuration of the asset discovery objects, such as the scan configurations and target lists are defined directly under the Asset Discovery > Configuration node.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you