Configuring Application Monitoring
You can specifically configure a number of parameters to adapt certain aspects of the behavior of the application monitoring functionality to your requirements for your device population. This is done via an operational rule.
- Click the Wizards > Operational Rule Creation
The Operational Rule Creation Wizard dialog box appears.
- In the Name text box enter Application Monitoring Configuration and click Next .
- In the Steps view click Add Step
The Select a Step dialog box appears.
- In the Available Steps group box select Agent Configuration > Application Monitoring Module Setup and click Add
The Properties dialog box appears.
- Fill in the following text boxes:
- Verification Interval (sec) : Increase/decrease the number of seconds to modify the interval at which all managed applications, that is all monitored and prohibited applications, are verified for execution.
- Stop Application if Prohibited : Clear this check box if prohibited applications are not to be automatically terminated.
- Popup Window after Application Termination : Clear this check box if NO message box is to be displayed to the local user after a prohibited application was stopped.
- Event Creation Delay for Unterminated Monitored Applications (hours) : If required increase/decrease the number of hours after which an event is created, even if the launched application has not yet been terminated. In this case the end date of the generated event will be the same as the start date. Once the application is terminated a new event will be generated with the proper end date filled in.
- Local Image File Path (bmp only) : This parameter allows you to use another image than the default one provided by CM in the notification message box of a terminated prohibited application. Enter into this field the path to the image file which must be of type .bmp. If the image cannot be found, that is, because it is of another type, or it is too small, the default BCM image is used. If the image is too large it is cropped to fit the window. The default size of the BCM image is 460x310 pixels.
- Popup Window Message Text : Enter into this text box the message that is to be displayed in the message box that is to be displayed to the local user after a prohibited application was stopped if you have a teriorly activated this option.
- Click OK to confirm the step and its parameter definitions.
The dialog closes and the step is listed in the right group box.
- Click OK to add the step to the operational rule.
- Click Finish to create the new operational rule.
The Confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click Yes to distribute the operational rule and continue with the distribution wizard.
The Operational Rule Distribution Wizard wizard appears.
After creating the operational rule you distribute it to devices in your network.
- In the first window leave all preselected values and click Next .
- In the Assigned Targets window click Assign Device
The Assign to Device dialog appears.
- Select the device group to which you want to assign the operational rule, for example All Devices and click OK .
The dialog closes and device group is listed.
- Click Finish to distribute the operational rule.
The dialog box closes and the Confirmation dialog box appears.
- Select the Go to Operational Rule radio button and click OK .
The dialog closes and the focus of the console is moved to the device group assigned to the new operational rule.
The operational is now being distributed to all assigned targets. You can follow the distribution in the window to which the focus of the console was switched via the Status column.
If you want to use another image you need to ensure that it is available on ALL target devices; to ensure that you can distribute it, for example, via a separate operational rule or you can add the steps Directory and File Handling > Check for File , to verify if this file already exists in this location and Software Distribution > Install Package to copy it there if this is not the case.
You can also configure a device individually by selecting the Device Topology > Your Device > Agent Configuration > Module Configuration > Application Monitoring node and editing the parameters of the device directly.