Assigning or unassigning objects
When assigning/unassigning an object to/from an object of another type, two basic concepts must be distinguished:
Assigning or unassigning an object to/from a group
To assign/unassign an object to a group that modifies its content (queries, directory servers and compliance rules) you need the following capabilities and access rights. Be aware that administrator groups are handled as usual like folders (see below), not like groups. It causes the contents of the group to change.
- View and populate capabilities for group (parent)
- if the directory server is to be synchronized as well, not only to be assigned you also need the manage capability
- View capability on the object to be assigned (child),
- Read and write access on the parent and read access on the child.
To assign a query All Servers to device group All Servers France you need the following permissions:
View Device Groups
Read Allow, Write Deny on the Device Groups top node,
Populate Device Groups
Read Allow and Write Allow on the group All Servers France ,
and Read Allow on query All Servers .
Assigning or unassigning an object to/from another object
To assign/unassign an object to/from another object, such as operational rules, packages, transfer windows, and so on, you need the following capabilities and access rights:
- View and assign capabilities on the target object (parent),
- View and assign capabilities on the object to be assigned (child),
- Read access on the parent and read and assign access on the child.
To assign a transfer window High Speed Downstream to device Server France you need the following permissions:
Read Allow, Write Deny on the Transfer Windows top node,
Read Allow and Assign Allow on the device Server France
View Transfer Windows
and Read Allow on transfer window High Speed Downstream .
Assign Transfer Windows