Agent rollout configuration
When your master relays are installed, you are ready to configure Client Management to roll out the agent to all computers in your network. The agent rollout automatically installs the CM agents on all relays and clients. This process is made very easy by the rollout wizard. The two main components involved in the rollout process are:
- The Rollout Server, a device that generates the self-extracting agent installation packages and can push them on the target devices.
- Rollouts, objects that contain the agent installation files, the list of target devices and any further rollout options.
Before you can start rolling out your first agents, you need to log on to the Client Management console, prepare it for your use, configure the rollout server and create your target groups.
This section includes:
- Preparing the console for rollout
- Configuring rollout servers
- Configuring post-install activities
- Defining the rollout targets
Before you begin
Before starting a rollout, ensure that the following general prerequisites are fulfilled:
- Remote shares are accessible from the master device (for example, //ClientComputer1/C$ )
- The RPC service is started
- No NAT-configurations are used
- The remote services are accessible
- For Linux installations:
- Ensure that the SSH service is installed and running on the targets
The root account must be enabled on the targets
These prerequisites are not only applicable to the master relays, they are applicable to all relay and client rollouts.