Advanced administrative tasks
This section provides more advanced examples on how to work with administrators.
To share or unshare objects
The share objects option, which by default is set to No can be modified to make objects of the current administrator accessible to other group members. The access rights are assigned to the group and not the individual administrator, thus if a new administrator is added to a group he will automatically also have access to these objects, or if one is removed he no longer has access. The option to share objects also can be disabled. However, not sharing will only be valid for all objects which will be newly created. All objects which already exist will still be accessible by all group members.
To share or unshare objects, proceed as follows:
- Select Global Settings in the left window pane.
- Select the subnode Administrator Groups in the left window pane.
- Select the administrator group which contains the administrator whose objects you want to share in the left window pane.
- Select the desired administrator in the left window pane.
- Select the Group tab in the right window pane.
- Double-click the entry in the Member of column.
The Share Objects dialog box appears.
- In the dialog box either:
- Check the Share new objects box to share all objects which the selected administrator will create from now on with the other members of his group.
- Clear the Share new objects box to disable the sharing objects option.
- Click OK to confirm.
If you choose to share new objects, a dialog box appears prompting you to specify whether you want to share all objects that already been created by the administrator or not. If you chose to disable the sharing objects option a dialog box appears on the screen informing you about the circumstances of unsharing objects.
- Click the respective button to confirm your choice.