Launching operational rules and software deployments through XML
You can modify operational rules/software deployments by editing the XML file without needing to have access rights to the console.
- Create an XML file with the following format:
for operational rules:
for software deployments:
- Add the following step to a new or existing operational rule:
- For operational rules: Master Steps > Operational Rule Assignment via XML File
- For software deployments: Master Steps > Package Assignment via XML File
- In the Properties dialog enter the complete path to the storage location of the XML file, as well the administrator name in the respective text boxes. This is a default administrator that will only be used if no administrator is defined in the XML file.
You created an Operational Rule which launches Operational Rules/Software Deployments through an XML file. If you want to change schedule or modify included Operational Rules/Packages/Administrator you can do so directly in the XML file without having to launch the console.