Integrating with BMC Atrium CMDB
BMC Client Management discovers hardware and software inventory of desktops and maintains in its database, whereas BMC Atrium CMDB is a configuration management database (CMDB) used by enterprise IT organizations to document, store, and manage details of the configuration items (CI) in their IT infrastructure.
BMC Client Management - BMC Atrium CMDB integration allows you to retrieve data from the BMC Client Management database, transform it into data in the format required by the Atrium CMDB , and finally insert this data into the Atrium database. Now the data discovered by BMC Client Management is ready to be used by other BMC applications which share the Atrium CMDB data.
For the complete list of components added during BMC Client Management - BMC Atrium CMDB Integration installation, see topic Components Installed during Installation.
This topic includes:
- Supported Versions
- BMC Atrium CMDB - BMC Client Management class mapping
- Atrium Installation
- Configuring the SQL database for Atrium CMDB integration
- Working with the Integration Maintenance Tool
- Updating the BMC CMDB database with BMC Client Management data
- Updating the BMC Atrium CMDB database with BMC Client Management data