Example: Creating, generating, and viewing a template-based report
Template-based reports, as the name already indicates, are templates which can be used to create your own reports according to a specific model or template, and they are provided in XML, HTML and PDF format. This report type is only available for Patch Management , Power Management , Application Management , Compliance Rules and the Configuration Summary and must always be assigned to at least one of the objects of its type.
This example creates a report showing the basic information and possibly basic inventories of all devices that are part of a group. It is to be executed regularly every first of the month:
- Click Wizards > Report Creation to launch the Report Creation Wizard .
- Enter Configuration Summary into the Name and Report Title boxes. The Template-based option in the Report Type list is already preselected for this guided task.
- Select from the Report Template box the template Configuration Summary .
- Click Next .
- To display the Security Settings Inventory in addition to the basic device information click Properties above the table.
- Check the Security Settings Inventory box in the appearing Report Options window.
- Click OK .
- Click Next .
- Click Next without making any modifications.
- Click Assign Device Group .
- Select the desired group from the pop-up window, e.g., All Devices .
- Click OK to confirm and close the window.
- Click Next to continue.
- Check the Immediately radio button in the Execution Date panel.
- Check the Run Forever radio button in the Termination panel.
- Go to the Frequency tab.
- In the By Schedule panel select the Day of the Month radio button.
- And select from the following list the value 1st day of the month.
- Go to the panel to the right and select the value Once daily in the Period field.
- In the following field, at , enter the time at which it is to be generated, that is, at 5 in the morning.
- Click Finish at the bottom of the window to confirm the new report and immediately generate it.
- Click View Last Result .
- Click Yes in the appearing pop-up window.
A new browser window or tab opens and displays the report.