Example: Creating, generating, and viewing a style-based report
Style-based reports are based on a layout type that defines the number of subreports the report contains and how these subreports are ordered on the displayed or printed page. 12 different layout styles are available. Style-based reports can base their generated data on the results of a query, on the members of a device group, or both.
This example creates a report displaying some hardware inventory data based on query results in the form of a table that will be available on the MyApps and it is scheduled to be generated on the first of each month.
- Select the Reports node in the left tree hierarchy.
- Click Wizards > Report Creation to launch the Report Creation Wizard .
- Enter Hardware Summary into the Name and Report Title boxes.
- Click Next .
- Enter Hardware Summary List into the Subreport Title box.
- Select a query in the Query Name box, for example, All Devices .
- Click Add Column .
- Once all columns are added click the Subreport Preview button below the table.
A browser window opens on your screen and displays how this subreport will roughly look like.
- Click Next to continue.
- Select the value Name in the Available Columns box.
- Select the value Ascending in the Sort Order drop-down list.
- Click Add to move the attribute to the list of Selected Columns .
- Now select the value IP Address , reselect the value None in the Sort Order drop-down list and click Add .
- Select the value MAC Address and click Add .
- Finally select the value Operating System and click Add .
- Click OK to close this window.
- Check the box Public Report .
- Click Next .
- Click Next without assigning any device group.
- Select the Immediately radio button in the Execution Date panel.
- Select the Run Forever radio button in the Termination panel.
- Go to the Frequency tab.
- In the By Schedule panel select the Day of the Month radio button.
- Select from the following list the value 1st day of the month.
- Go to the Frequency panel to the right and select the value Once daily in the Period box.
- In the following box, at , enter the time at which it is to be generated, for example, at 5 in the morning.
- Click Finish at the bottom of the window.
- Click Yes in the Confirmation window.
- Click View Last Result .
- Click Yes in the appearing pop-up window.
A new browser window or tab opens and displays the report.