Installing Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Click Installation in the left window part and New SOL Server stand-alone installation ... at the right.
The SQL Server 2012 Setup wizard is launched.
- Enter your product key in the Product Key window and click Next .
- Check the I accept the license terms box in the License Terms window and click Next .
- Check if there are any updates available after your computer has established the connection to the SQL Server internet. If there are no updates to be installed, click Next , otherwise install these and restart this procedure.
- Click Next .The Install Setup Files window appears on the screen.
- Click Next .The Install Rules window appears on the screen and starts some initial tests.
Click Details / Hide Details to display or hide the tests and test results.
- If no issues are indicated, click OK .The Setup Role window appears.
- Select SQL Server Feature Installation .
- Click Next .
- Select the rquired functionalities and modify, if necessary, the setup procedure in the Feature Selection window.
Do not forget to tick the two boxes concerning the Management Studio .
A test is executed and its results are shown in the Features Rules window.
- If no issues are indicated, click Next .
- Keep the first option selected or choose a named instance and enter your instance ID in the Instance Configuration window. Click Next to continue.
- Configure the services as shown in the screenshot in the Server Configuration window.
- To configure the SQL Server collation as defined by Microsoft, click the tab Collation .
- Click Customize and configure the SQL Server collation as defined by Microsoft, that is Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click OK .
- Click Next .
- Select Mixed Mode and specify the password for the SQL Server system administrator (sa) account.
- Click Add Current User to add your SQL Server administrator account.
- (Optional) Click the Data Directories tab and modify the setup procedure.
- Click Next .A summary of the elements to be installed is displayed.
- If all selections displayed in the Ready to Install window are correct, click Install to launch the actual installation.
- When all features are installed and their status is set to Succeeded in the Complete window, click Close .
The installation process executed successfully. You can now start the Management Studio from your desktop for further configuration.