Downloading the Installer
The BMC Client Management - BMC Atrium CMDB Integration installer version 1.6.00 is available for download from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website.
You can access this website at http://webapps.bmc.com/epd . To use the website, you need the user name and password that you obtained when you registered and subscribed to Customer Support. To subscribe, you must have a valid Support Contract ID. If you do not know your Support Contract ID, contact email@example.com.
If you do not have a current license for the product, contact your BMC sales representative or your local BMC office or agent. If you cannot download the product, you can request a physical kit.
Create a directory to save the downloaded files to.
On Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one levelintothe directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image should not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Go to https://webapps.bmc.com/signon/content/logon.jsp .
- Enter your user ID and password, and click Submit .
Click Download Product .
If you are a BMC Atrium 9.1 SP3 user, download the latest files from the EPD website:
- BCM_Atrium_CMDB_Integration_1.6.00_9.x_Windows_170503i.zip (Windows)
- BCM_Atrium_CMDB_Integration_1.6.00_9.x_Linux_170503i.zip (Linux)
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, agree to the terms of the agreements, and click Continue .
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile; otherwise continue directly with the next step:
- Under Localized Languages , select the language for the product.
- Under Install Platforms , select the platforms to download for the product.
- Click Save Profile .
- Verify that the correct profile displays for your download purpose, and select the Licensed Products tab.
- Locate the product:
- Locate the product name and expand its entries to show the available version numbers. For example, to download the BMC Client Management - BMC Atrium CMDB Integration installer, select BMC ClientManagement .
- Expand the version number to show the available versions.
- Select the check boxes next to the products and documents to download.
- To download the selected items, click Download (FTP) or Download Manager :
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops. This method requires a one-time installation of the AkamiNetSession Client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum logic is used to verify file integrity automatically.