Copying and pasting in a Remote Control session
It is possible to exchange data between the remotely controlled client and the host controlling it. This copy and paste function works in the same way as the regular Windows function. This function works in both directions from the controlling to the controlled device and vice versa. To do so, proceed as follows:
- Start the file Explorer on the remote device
- Open a text editor and create a new file. Save it under c:/temp as test.txt.
- Open Notepad, for example, type some text, select it and then copy it to your local clipboard using CTRL + C keyboard shortcut.
- In the Remote Control console window open the test.txt file on the remote device.
- Now place the cursor at the end of the test.txt file and use the CTRL + V keyboard shortcut to copy the content to the file.
- Save it.
The contents of the source clipboard are copied to the target device.